Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tasting - Col Des Vents Corbieres

Name: Col Des Vents Corbieres
Variety: 50% Carignan, 35% Grenache, 15% Syrah
Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
Country: France
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95

Reviews:

"50% Carignan, 35% Grenache, 15% Syrah. Brambly berry, cherry and raspberry, spices, black pepper…all are present in this authentic French country wine."
-- Notes from the Vintage Cellar

My review: 
Deep red in color. Pick up a little cherry and spice on the nose with an overall slightly fruity aroma. I was hoping the cherry would come through in the flavor of the wine, but it was too dry for me. The high tannic component was overwhelming and I couldn't get a whole lot out of this wine. Not for me, but someone who enjoys dry red wines would probably like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment