Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tasting - San Elias Carménère

Name: San Elias Carmenere
Variety: Carménère
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95

Reviews:
"The grapes for this Carménère are selected from vineyards in the Central Valley. Beautiful red fruit aromas. Supple and round in the mouth, the wine pairs well with full flavored cheeses and lamb"
-- Notes from the Vintage Cellar

My review: 
This was my first experience with a Carménère and I was not quite sure what to expect. The wine was ruby red in color. Slightly fruity aroma. I was overwhelmed by the tannic red wine smell. It was way too dry for my liking. The dry mouth sensation made it hard for me to pick out an definable descriptors in the flavor of the wine. This reminds me of some cheap Pinot Noirs that I've had that are overly dry and seem to lack somewhat in the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment