Friday, March 9, 2012

Tasting - Ravenswood Vintners Blend Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Ravenswood Vintners Blend Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Sonoma County, California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $10

Reviews: 
"Cab credentials? No need to carry 'em. Our 2009 vintage is as real as it gets, with strong tannins and juicy fruit aromas backed by bold blackberry, black currant, toasted oak, and vanilla flavors. This wine matches up with a big ol' hunk of steak smothered in bearnaise or grilled pork chops. Utensils optional."
--- Winery Notes

My review: 
I had high hopes for this cabernet sauvignon after trying a chardonnay from the same vineyard. This one has a very deep, dark red color. I picked up a very slight hint of blackberries on the nose. There weren't many characteristics that really stood out in this wine. The aroma was very distinctly just "red wine." The flavor was not very complex either. I found this to be overly tannic and very very dry. There was a slight oakiness though. I was disappointed in this purchase because I didn't get much out of it. It very much just smells and tastes like red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment