Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tasting - Estrella Chardonnay

Name: Estrella Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Napa, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95

Reviews: 
"Intensely flavored and balanced with layers of vanilla, butter and pear, followed by apple, banana and oak."
-- Notes from the Vintage Cellar

My review: 
Pale yellow, golden in color. Hints of pear and apple on the nose, with an overall light fruity aroma. Has a nice fruity flavor that is well-balanced. There is a slight buttery aspect to the wine. The oak is pretty subtle so as not to overwhelm the fruit components. I thought this was a rather flavorful Chardonnay. The man at the Vintage Cellar said this was a pretty typical California Chardonnay, but I did thoroughly enjoy it. Plus, since it was only $5.95 I couldn't resist grabbing a bottle for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment